Suggest new items, etc. for future updates of the Aether Mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggest new items, etc. for future updates of the Aether Mod

Post  RevLoon on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:05 pm

I'll start out
basics such as stairs, ladders, slabs made from the Aether blocks
RevLoon

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EchosideFilms and http://www.faceboo

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggest new items, etc. for future updates of the Aether Mod

Post  CowedOffACliff on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Zanite gemstone blocks.

Crafted in the same manner as normal (iron/gold/diamond/lapis) ore blocks.

CowedOffACliff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weather

Post  Mordikai on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Weather would seem highly appropriate.

Since the Aether is within the cloud layer, the effects/severity/frequency/duration of weather should probably differ from weather on ground level. Although the sky getting dark in the Aether does go against its theme, I think that if weather were to come infrequently enough, it would be quite interesting.

Also, since this is the Aether, it should certainly have unique weather types of its own; for example, rainbows. I'm sure that there are other possibilities in this.

Mordikai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SaxaphoneWalrus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:32 pm

I'd like to see more plants other than trees and Aechor flowers, ones that you can harvest and farm like in the real world. Something like an Angel fruit or Sky berry, they could even give you temporary powerups like low gravity jumps or wings.

SaxaphoneWalrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wings

Post  kciD on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:50 am

SaxaphoneWalrus wrote:I'd like to see more plants other than trees and Aechor flowers, ones that you can harvest and farm like in the real world. Something like an Angel fruit or Sky berry, they could even give you temporary powerups like low gravity jumps or wings.

you should be able to craft wings and be able to travel like a flying pig. it could be equiped as a cloak.

f=feather
g=enchanted gravitite ore
a= ambrosium
_ = air

f _ f
f _ f
g a g

in the slot where nothing goes for equipment, you could put ambrosium. each double jump would consume 1.

also i would like to see flying birds the size of chickens about. or, ya know, just change the, annoying as hell, whales that make no sense into flying birds... nah that would just be a horrible idea. that would never work. (sarcasm)

how about reverse growing plants from the celing. they only grow on dirt on the underside. interesting concept. stalactigrass or maybe stalactiwheat. (stalactites are the limestone formations in caves that grow from the ceilings fyi)

how about another dungeon. diamond level? obsidian level after that? dungeons aren't hard enough.

now that they made the AETHER, how about they work on creating something called the NETHER. the nether currently sucks and i would love for it to be autonomous like the Aether is.

kciD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordikai on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 am

I'd like to see more plants other than trees and Aechor flowers, ones that you can harvest and farm like in the real world. Something like an Angel fruit or Sky berry, they could even give you temporary powerups like low gravity jumps or wings.

I think that if you were able to produce a steady supply of plants/powerups with those specific abilities, it might defeat the point of moas and gravitite armor. It would be better if they granted a weaker version of moas/gravitite, or simply a completely different ability altogether.
These plants should also have a different procedure for cultivation than that of wheat or reeds. Some kind of hanging vine, or one that can only be grown on stone-type blocks.

That said, nice idea~

Mordikai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sphax on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:31 am

Some ideas:

- A SUN control item which bring the sun up (like the start of a new day) in the normal world.
This item would be crafted from some common Aether items/blocks + 1 or more rare items found in Aether dungeons + glowstone (for the Nether part of it).

- A NIGHT control item. Exactly like the SUN control item but with the night.

- A weapon which would allow to spawn dangerous thunderbolts in normal world (like a hammer? Wink ).

- A tool to instantly dig dirt blocks from the start to the first non-dirt block bellow - in the normal world only.
Sphax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top